Friday, March 6, 2009

Back-Country Birthday and BigSky

Russ and I took some time off of working on the house last week. Sukha turned 8 years old and we took her backcountry skiing at Lolo Pass for her birthday! It had snowed 2 feet the night before and although it was heavy snow it we had a great time! We also went to BigSky to go skiing with our practice. They do a ski trip every winter for the doctors. Russ decided to ski instead of snowboard and he even spent a couple of hours nordic skiing with me! We had the chance to skate ski at Lone Mountain Ranch which was amazing! The real treat was the 20 inches of powder that we woke up to on Thursday morning. It was incredible and Russ switched back from skiing to snowboarding and was spraying everyone with a rooster-tail of snow everytime he made a turn! It was the biggest powder day I have ever had and although I didn't look pretty going down the slopes I tried hard and I now understand the happiness of "face shots!" We even spent some time at the lodge's spa and we still smell good from all the lotions we piled on ourselves! It's now back to cheap living and house-remodeling! We love you all and hope everyone is doing well!

Russ and Sukha before heading down the hill.

Backcountry skiing with dad is Sukha's favorite activity!

The day before all the snow at Big Sky!


I was a little nervous at what I was about to ski down....



It may not look like it but there are some amazing "lines" down this mountain!





3 comments:

J & J said...

I am happy that you two finally took a little vacation. I remember the exposed feeling of Big Sky...beautiful mountain though. We love and miss you guys.

June Blackhurst said...

Looks like you are finally having some fun! Boy both of you really deserve it! I am anxious to come and visit in April, after Cindy has her baby. We love and miss both of you.

Cindy Zickgraf said...

The mountain does look pretty hairy! You must have felt good making it down that. You both look great, what a great break to have after all that remodeling. Montana looks like a fun place to be. Love you guys.